Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    POSTED 8:37 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:07 a.m. EDT, March 16, 2007

    FOR SIX TEAMS, NO NEW FREE AGENTS
    pft.com

    Since free agency opened two weeks ago, 26 teams have signed players who spent the 2006 season with other teams.

    Six teams, to date, have not signed a single free agent who played elsewhere last year.

    The Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, Bears, and Panthers are the franchises who have opted thus far to stand pat.
    Of that group, both the Giants and the Ravens have traded for new running backs.
    But none of this six-pack of teams has inked a new veteran player.

    Four other teams have signed only one new player.
    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    The Packers signed cornerback Frank Walker earlier this week.
    The Steelers signed offensive lineman Sean Mahan over the weekend.
    And the Titans recently snagged cornerback Nick Harper.

    The most active team to date has been the Bucs, with seven new players under contract.
    The Browns have signed six, and the 49ers, Raiders, and Patriots have signed five.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    I'm not sure how the fans would be reacting, let us bring home a lombardi trophy and give us a QB who is a league mvp candidate every year and we'll talk

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    I'm not sure how the fans would be reacting, let us bring home a lombardi trophy and give us a QB who is a league mvp candidate every year and we'll talk
    Alas, my point was lost. :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    d. this is all dungy's fault.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "happy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    d. this is all dungy's fault.
    e. will randy come back to the vikings???

    http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

  7. #7
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    d. this is all dungy's fault.
    e. will randy come back to the vikings???
    f. Will we trade up in the draft now?

  8. #8
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED 8:37 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:07 a.m. EDT, March 16, 2007

    FOR SIX TEAMS, NO NEW FREE AGENTS
    pft.com

    Since free agency opened two weeks ago, 26 teams have signed players who spent the 2006 season with other teams.

    Six teams, to date, have not signed a single free agent who played elsewhere last year.

    The Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, Bears, and Panthers are the franchises who have opted thus far to stand pat.
    Of that group, both the Giants and the Ravens have traded for new running backs.
    But none of this six-pack of teams has inked a new veteran player.

    Four other teams have signed only one new player.
    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    The Packers signed cornerback Frank Walker earlier this week.
    The Steelers signed offensive lineman Sean Mahan over the weekend.
    And the Titans recently snagged cornerback Nick Harper.

    The most active team to date has been the Bucs, with seven new players under contract.
    The Browns have signed six, and the 49ers, Raiders, and Patriots have signed five.

    Scratch the Bengals off the list (Cardinals center Alex Stepanovich). Down to five teams now.

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 19% of teams signed 0 FAs.

    "x-ray" wrote:
    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What if some of the guys on this page were Colts fans.
    How would this news be taken?
    ;D

    The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.
    Instantly threads/comments would crop up that said things like:

    a.
    Peyton is retiring.
    We are gonna suck.
    b.
    Why did they waste money on that guy.
    We are gonna suck.
    c.
    He isn't a big name Free Agent.
    We are gonna suck.

    Feel free to add to this list
    ;D
    d. this is all dungy's fault.
    e. will randy come back to the vikings???
    f. Will we trade up in the draft now?
    Ok, I'll Play then


    G)
    We should have never let Edge go to Arizona. Now, If we package our first 3 draft choices,which Dungy will screw up anyway, with Joseph Addai we can trade them for Edge and bring him back where he belongs ;D

Similar Threads

  1. Sack differentials for NFC West teams (Actually has all 32 Teams)
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 10:09 AM
  2. Just signed up...
    By WMUBroncos in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
  3. Vikings also give special teams a lift - Competent Special Teams?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
  4. Teams you like and teams you don't like - for no real rational reason
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
  5. two signed
    By MNVikingGangsta in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 03:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •