Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 16 reasons to root against the Pats...

"C" wrote:
    This was my personal favorite"

4: We Are Allowed to Score Whenever We Want – You Are Not

The same New England Patriots who go for it on 4th down when they are up by 38 points in the 4th quarter and say "it is the other teams job to stop us" didn’t always sing that tune. In 2002 when the Patriots beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steelers did their best to score in the final seconds of a 30-7 game that they were losing. After the game, Tedy Bruschi said:

“I did have some respect for that team, but after what they pulled on that last drive, it’s totally lost now" Bruschi said. “You’re getting beat….just accept it with class. I know we would have if the tables were turned. But they’re out there calling timeouts, trying to get extra yards, padding their stats”
    Tedy Bruschi is a piece of shit.

The guy has a stroke and all of the sudden everyone thinks he's a saint. It's a joke.

A true piece of shit.
    That was a stupid comment that Tedy made.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This reasons suck. GO PATS GO!

That ring is going to look so good on Randy.
    Randy who?
    The guy who we traded away for nothing and just set the record for most receiving TDs in a season. The same guy that people said was done and could never play at a high level of football again. The same guy who is in the playoffs and has not caused a problem all year. The same guy....ok sorry, I will stop now.

Yeah, this same guy............

While one of the best receivers in the game, Randy Moss has a long history of poor behavior, lack of effort and run-ins with the law. A few highlights:

1995 – Plead guilty to battery after being involved in a fight that left one person in the hospital.

1996 – While on work release, tested positive for marijuana.

1997 – Said the 1970 Marshall University plane crash "was a tragedy, but it really wasn’t nothing big”

1999 – Fined $40,000 for squirting an NFL referee with a water bottle during a game.

2002 – Arrested after bumping a traffic officer with his car.

2004 – Walked off the field during the game where his team was down by 3 points.

2006 – Generally gave up on his team and showed a complete lack of effort during the second half of his season with the Raiders.

When being questioned about his frequent lack of effort during games he famously said “I play when I want to play”

"singersp" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big Moss fan & hope he does well & comes back to Minnesota someday - after he grows up!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cajun's gonna LOVE this thread!
    Yes he is.
    ;D

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"nikoli" wrote:
    Until I see him acting mature on a team that is struggling, he hasn't proven anything to me yet.

lol, prove what to who? As if Moss cares what anyone thinks. The dude produces when he has a halfway competent QB and coaching staff.

As for all this "he doesn't play for teams that don't win" business... you might want to check the Vikings record from 2001 to 2005. And then check his stats.

Is he mature? No, but who really cares? Does the NFL stand for National Football League or does it stand for Niceguy Football League?

As for all this "he doesn't play for teams that don't win" business... you might want to check the Vikings record from 2001 to 2005. And then check his stats.

Moss is boss, end of story.
    Moss' stats for the Vikings in 2005;

Year

G
    GS Rec Yds
    Avg Long TD

The Vikings were 9-7 in 2005. Only once did they achieve that when Moss was here. Although I mainly blame Cotrell & his defense for that.

Bottom line, Moss is disruptive on the team when they aren't having a good season. Birk was one of the guys who mentioned how disruptive he was in the locker room.

Most, if not every other team in the NFL knows it. Again, when Moss was on the trading block only 2 teams out of 31 even entertained the idea of getting him & they were only willing to give up a 4th rounder for him.

Why do you think that is?

Regardless of his talents, that speaks volumes about his immaturity & that he is not a team player.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This reasons suck. GO PATS GO!

That ring is going to look so good on Randy.
    Randy who?
    The guy who we traded away for nothing and just set the record for most receiving TDs in a season. The same guy that people said was done and could never play at a high level of football again. The same guy who is in the playoffs and has not caused a problem all year. The same guy....ok sorry, I will stop now.

Yeah, this same guy............

While one of the best receivers in the game, Randy Moss has a long history of poor behavior, lack of effort and run-ins with the law. A few highlights:

1995 – Plead guilty to battery after being involved in a fight that left one person in the hospital.

1996 – While on work release, tested positive for marijuana.

1997 – Said the 1970 Marshall University plane crash "was a tragedy, but it really wasn’t nothing big”

1999 – Fined $40,000 for squirting an NFL referee with a water bottle during a game.

2002 – Arrested after bumping a traffic officer with his car.

2004 – Walked off the field during the game where his team was down by 3 points.

2006 – Generally gave up on his team and showed a complete lack of effort during the second half of his season with the Raiders.

When being questioned about his frequent lack of effort during games he famously said “I play when I want to play”

"singersp" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big Moss fan & hope he does well & comes back to Minnesota someday - after he grows up!
    And after he grows up, that is still true. Again, let me re-iterate, Moss is only happy when the team is winning, which is what the Patriots are doing. Put him on a team that is mediocre, like the Vikings this past season & the immaturity pours out & he is disruptive to the team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234