Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

13 Unfortunate Player Careers Cut Short

Following warning is provided at my good friend Caines request.....

WARNING!!! This link is to BleacherReport. Chances are this article is poorly thought out, factually inaccurate, and will erode your brain...but Marrdro will cite sections of it in his "discussions" anyway. Read at own risk, especially if you are incapable of coming up, or having the mental capacity to deal with, any sort of original thought.

It is said the average NFL career is three-and-a-half years. Thatís hard to imagine when we see players like Brett Favre play for 20 years without missing a game. I canít even wrap my mind around that one.

How many of us fans have had to endure a player on our team whose career was cut short due to some catastrophic injury, or worse, death.

This list deals with guys whose untimely injury or death cut short a promising career as NFL players.

The criterion is the player played less than six years, and the resultant injury forced them into an early retirement. So, you will not see names like Priest Holmes or Bob Sanders.
    NFL: 13 Unfortunate Player Careers Cut Short in League History
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 13 Unfortunate Player Careers Cut Short

Umm... no Pat Tillman?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100128
    Umm... no Pat Tillman?
    And one could argue, if one was an arguer, that he deviated from his criteria.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100129
    Umm... no Pat Tillman?
    Yup, definitely stretches at some of those.

He says fewer than six seasons, but then has someone like Terrell Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100131
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100129
    Umm... no Pat Tillman?
    Yup, definitely stretches at some of those.

He says fewer than six seasons, but then has someone like Terrell Davis?
    Still, some interesting stuff in there. One thing, alot of Bengals.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This list deals with guys whose untimely injury or death cut short a promising career as NFL players.

The criterion is the player played less than six years, and the resultant injury forced them into an early retirement. So, you will not see names like Priest Holmes or Bob Sanders.

I make a special exception for Sharpe even though he played seven years. Sharpe was well on his way to a Hall of Fame career, possibly a first ballot inductee.
    Really Marr, chances are this article may be poorly thought out? Even by BR standards this is classic

If it was looking at players like Tillman, Stringer and Sean Taylor then it might have a little credibility. Including a player who breaks their opening criteria shows why no-one takes them seriously.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1100135

I make a special exception for Sharpe even though he played seven years. Sharpe was well on his way to a Hall of Fame career, possibly a first ballot inductee.
    Really Marr, chances are this article may be poorly thought out? Even by BR standards this is classic

If it was looking at players like Tillman, Stringer and Sean Taylor then it might have a little credibility. Including a player who breaks their opening criteria shows why no-one takes them seriously.
    Did you read all the players, to include the ones he labled as the "Notables of the "Cut Short" Club"

Korey Stringer, OT, Minnesota Vikings, 1995-2000: Was on his way to a stellar career when struck by heat stroke.
    As to credibility. I still marvel that we seem to think everything on the internet has to has some quantifiable level of "Credibility".

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100141
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1100135

Did you read all the players, to include the ones he labled as the "Notables of the "Cut Short" Club"

Korey Stringer, OT, Minnesota Vikings, 1995-2000: Was on his way to a stellar career when struck by heat stroke.
    As to credibility. I still marvel that we seem to think everything on the internet has to has some quantifiable level of "Credibility".
    Oh I saw that ok and would expect him to have been more than a notable mention.
    I agree that expecting everything to have some credibility on the internet is a big ask. However you have to admit that when someone starts off with a ground rule of ' The criterion is the player played less than six years ' and then breaks that with one of the selections then whats the point? Maybe I shouldn't have said credibility.. maybe more of a grasp of basic english and what that entails. As we said though it is BR so that would be a stretch :P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100127
    WARNING!!! This link is to BleacherReport. Chances are this article is poorly thought out, factually inaccurate, and will erode your brain...but Marrdro will cite sections of it in his "discussions" anyway. Read at own risk, especially if you are incapable of coming up, or having the mental capacity to deal with, any sort of original thought.
    Haha that cracked me up good! :laugh:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks to the warning label, I avoided the link, did not read the drivel therein, and face the day with all of my brain cells intact.

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Caine