Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

10 Truths: Brady's brilliant, Bush a bust

[size=13pt]10 Truths: Brady's brilliant, Bush a bust[/size]

Jason Whitlock
    FOXSports.com
    , Updated 18 hours ago

I really don't like passing along the e-mails and fan letters I receive from coaches and supermodels, but I thought this one was pretty enlightening.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: 10 Truths: Brady's brilliant, Bush a bust

3. If he stays healthy, Minnesota's Adrian Peterson will be everything the media thought Reggie Bush would be.

In pads, Peterson can match Bush's straight-ahead speed. Peterson isn't as shifty as Bush, but it doesn't matter. Peterson has north-south and east-west shiftiness. Bush only has east-west shiftiness.

What I mean by that is Bush can bounce it outside and get down the sideline. Peterson can do that and stick a foot in the ground and cut up field between the tackles.

And there are people here who wanted the Vikings to give up the farm to take Bush no. 1 last year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

duvaldomo is offline Coach

lol yeah, peterson is looking awesome right now and look good in purple

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Bush a "bust"?

I hardly think you can call a player who had 1300+ yards from scrimmage and 8 TDs in his rookie season a "bust".
    Even in college, when he showed his great playmaking ability, he was still only half of that USC backfield with LenDale White.
    I don't think anyone claimed or thought that Bush would be the next Eric Dickinson or even LaDanian Tomlinson...Bush was always more of a "receiving" back than a between the tackles guy.

I thought the Saints did a great job of utilizing Bush's strengths last season, but I don't think Bush is a 2000 rushing yard/year RB.
    But 1300 combined yards and 8 TDs...that's still borderline Pro Bowl material in my book.

I think Bush can have a similar career to James Brooks, former Chargers and Bengals RB...and that isn't bad.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Wow, can we let AP finish his rookie season before making this judgement? Granted, I'm glad he's getting recognition, but the way people are throwing Bush under the bus right now....he's too good of a player to be kept down for long. Ha, I'll be the one to say when Reggie gets his groove back.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    Bush a "bust"?

I hardly think you can call a player who had 1300+ yards from scrimmage and 8 TDs in his rookie season a "bust".
    Even in college, when he showed his great playmaking ability, he was still only half of that USC backfield with LenDale White.
    I don't think anyone claimed or thought that Bush would be the next Eric Dickinson or even LaDanian Tomlinson...Bush was always more of a "receiving" back than a between the tackles guy.

I thought the Saints did a great job of utilizing Bush's strengths last season, but I don't think Bush is a 2000 rushing yard/year RB.
    But 1300 combined yards and 8 TDs...that's still borderline Pro Bowl material in my book.

I think Bush can have a similar career to James Brooks, former Chargers and Bengals RB...and that isn't bad.
    Right now the Saints are a bust but
    Bush is not** a bust.

I had to edit that, I said I thought he was a bust when I didn't LOL!
    He will be fine.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    3. If he stays healthy, Minnesota's Adrian Peterson will be everything the media thought Reggie Bush would be.

In pads, Peterson can match Bush's straight-ahead speed. Peterson isn't as shifty as Bush, but it doesn't matter. Peterson has north-south and east-west shiftiness. Bush only has east-west shiftiness.

What I mean by that is Bush can bounce it outside and get down the sideline. Peterson can do that and stick a foot in the ground and cut up field between the tackles.

And there are people here who wanted the Vikings to give up the farm to take Bush no. 1 last year.

There are people everywhere, rooting for every team, that wanted their team to give up the farm to take Bush.

The only thing that has stopped, can stop, or will ever stop AD is health problems.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Moss' football tombstone will read: "A quarterback's best friend."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

There are people everywhere, rooting for every team, that wanted their team to give up the farm to take Bush.

The only thing that has stopped, can stop, or will ever stop AD is health problems.
    AP is THE MAN!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Brady has completed 76 percent of his passes, thrown 10 TDs and one interception and his quarterback rating is 141.
    Its almost as if he knows what the defense is going to do!
    ;D...
    Those are some seriously good stats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast