Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

10-Pack: Ten biggest first-round draft busts of the last 20 years.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 10-Pack: Ten biggest first-round draft busts of the last 20 years.

Wow, no Troy?

Still say that missing on Troy and EJ in one year should almost be considered a sin. :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow, no Troy?

Still say that missing on Troy and EJ in one year should almost be considered a sin. :'(
    EJ was at least did his job when healthy, it's a shame his knees couldn't hold up

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow, no Troy?

EJ was at least did his job when healthy, it's a shame his knees couldn't hold up
    I hear ya, however, doesn't the fact that he couldn't stay healthy also equate to a bad pick?
    I mean, sure, you can't figure out if a guy is gonna be injured his whole career, but damn we do have a medical staff that should help in that analysis right?

There are also concerns about his durability. He battled injuries at Wisconsin, missing the entire 2003 season with a hip injury

Projection:

If post-season workouts and physicals don't reveal any problems or long-term concerns associated with his hip injury, Erasmus James should be selected in the first half of the first-round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
    http://football.about.com/od/playerp...asmusjames.htm

http://www.nfl.com/players/erasmusja...s?id=JAM188263
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow, no Troy?

I hear ya, however, doesn't the fact that he couldn't stay healthy also equate to a bad pick?
    I mean, sure, you can't figure out if a guy is gonna be injured his whole career, but damn we do have a medical staff that should help in that analysis right?

There are also concerns about his durability. He battled injuries at Wisconsin, missing the entire 2003 season with a hip injury

Projection:

If post-season workouts and physicals don't reveal any problems or long-term concerns associated with his hip injury, Erasmus James should be selected in the first half of the first-round of the 2005 NFL Draft.

Eh, Win some lose some. Adrian Peterson had injury concerns coming out of college too.
    Not saying it is all chance, as the scouts get paid for a reason, but sometimes it just doesn't work the way you want.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow, no Troy?

I mean, sure, you can't figure out if a guy is gonna be injured his whole career, but gol 'darnit we do have a medical staff that should help in that analysis right?

Projection:

Eh, Win some lose some. Adrian Peterson had injury concerns coming out of college too.
    Not saying it is all chance, as the scouts get paid for a reason, but sometimes it just doesn't work the way you want.
    I hear ya, however, when it gets to an area like AD and EJ, my assumption is that the medical department gets involved and not the scouts.

Aah, what an honor. Nr. 1.

They're right though, Leaf and Mandarich are innerchangable(sp?) on the number 1 and 2 spots.

There's one guy I'm missing though... a Viking. I guess it has something to do with the fact that he was a late roun draft pick and this list doesn't go higher than Pick nr. 6. Dimitrius Underwood would've fitted in nicely on this list though.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Rockmolder" wrote:

They're right though, Leaf and Mandarich are innerchangable(sp?) on the number 1 and 2 spots.

There's one guy I'm missing though... a Viking. I guess it has something to do with the fact that he was a late roun draft pick and this list doesn't go higher than Pick nr. 6. Dimitrius Underwood would've fitted in nicely on this list though.
    That one does put a bit of egg on our face but we scored (albeit limited) with Duante so it kindof offsets it a bit.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I can't belive you don't know how to spell the greatest Draft pick in Packer history!. all you had to do was look in your closet and pull out his old jersey.
    ;D

A couple of names that surprised me that were and were not on the list. Pacman Jones. Nott sure I would consider him a bust as there were issues before he was even drafted. He was hyped but not to that extent like others on the list. Mike william salthough a bust seems too high on the list.

One name not on thist that should be
    on the list but is not because he was in the supplemetal draft is Brian Bosworth.
    I would put Tim Couch,
    and Curtis Enis(The Bears took him over Moss)

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Garland" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

I can't belive you don't know how to spell the greatest Draft pick in Packer history!. all you had to do was look in your closet and pull out his old jersey.
    ;D

A couple of names that surprised me that were and were not on the list. Pacman Jones. Nott sure I would consider him a bust as there were issues before he was even drafted. He was hyped but not to that extent like others on the list. Mike william salthough a bust seems too high on the list.

One name not on thist that should be
    on the list but is not because he was in the supplemetal draft is Brian Bosworth.

I would put Tim Couch,
    and Curtis Enis(The Bears took him over Moss)
    Tim Couch should EASILY be in that list.

I had to go back and see when Bosworth was drafted, because I was thinking the same thing.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast