"V4L" wrote:
    I don't have anything to argue with that list

Packers fans number 1 as well IMO
    i vote raiders

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The 10 Most Passionate Fan Bases in the NFL

"Marrdro" wrote:

Seriously, I really thought we had a more knowledgable fan base.....Again a very sad, but big eye opener for me.
    Yeah, it must be lonely being the only one who knows anything.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Anyone who does not think the Packers have the best fan base has never been to Green Bay. These guys eat, pooh, and sleep green and gold. Every city I go to I see Packer crap. It makes me sick.
    i would say pittsburgh steelers are the best anywhere.. then the yankee's... pitt fans are annoying and EVERYWHERE!!!
    +1 for the Steelers.
    When I was in the service they were everywhere.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

What we're talking about here are the teams with the most passionate fans. I agree that I don't want to see fans booing a home team when they're leading, but does that mean they're not passionate? Perhaps it means they are more so.

I recall vividly back in the late 70's when thousands of Giant fans held a rally before a home game where they burned their tickets and basically said to the ownership "enough is enough". It was around the time of the botched handoff between Pisarcik and Csonka which resulted in a last second loss.

It was directly due to this action by their fans that the Giants ownership hired George Young, who hired Parcells, etc., etc. and started a tradition of winning.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Blog Entries

"VikingMike" wrote:
    What we're talking about here are the teams with the most passionate fans. I agree that I don't want to see fans booing a home team when they're leading, but does that mean they're not passionate? Perhaps it means they are more so.

I recall vividly back in the late 70's when thousands of Giant fans held a rally before a home game where they burned their tickets and basically said to the ownership "enough is enough". It was around the time of the botched handoff between Pisarcik and Csonka which resulted in a last second loss.

It was directly due to this action by their fans that the Giants ownership hired George Young, who hired Parcells, etc., etc. and started a tradition of winning.
    +1

Blog Entries

Apparently:

Loyal fans =

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"Mr" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I do not agree with that list.

For one, I do realize that the Browns have a tremendous following around the country.
    However, when they realize their season is a turd they do not fill all the seats.
    I know because that's when I get 2 tickets for $10 on ebay and watch them play.

I would put the Steelers ahead of them by a mile.
    They have one of the most devoted group of fans that travel the country to all their away games.

I am surprised Chicago is not in there and floop Dallas.
    Where we all the fans in the 80's?
    Pussies.

I agree with most of that, but large followings do not equate to passion. So I wouldn't rank the Steelers all that high. They have a TON of fans, mostly due to their success in the 70s and recent triumphs. I know probaly 20-30 Pittsburgh Steeler fans in Westfield, NJ. Half of which have never set foot in Pittsburgh, maybe 2-3 of which are from the region(not that I've set foot in Minnesota, but none of them would ever doubt my passion.) None of them display the passion for the team that I see from other fans. They're quick to point out if their team won, but 90% of them can't tell you what happened during the game. My brother fortunately is not one of them, I won't allow it. If he wants to tell me why the Steelers won, or brag to me, he gol 'darnit well better back it up.

The only reason the author put the Eagles as 2 instead of one is because he knew he'd get ripped apart in the comments had he not. He wants to keep his rating high.

If we're talking passion I'd go:
    1) Bills - The author states the reasons well. I don't see how they're not higher on his list. They seem to be a knowledgeable fan base as well.
    2) Chiefs - When is arrowhead stadium not painted totally red?
    3) Giants - Passion, definitely. Knowledge, not so much.
    4) Raiders - The black hole, lots of tradition. The fans get really into it, but they're definitely on the decline.
    5) Packers - There's no doubting the Packers fans are great. As much as I hate them, and as stupid as they are. They're fans will stick with them til the end.
    6) Bears - You can't rate the Pack 5 without the Bears at 4 or 6. Rivalries.
    7) Steelers - See above.
    8 ) Eagles - Passion? More like anger and stupidity.
    9) Vikings - We would have been higher, but after how long it took to sell out the playoff game. The lack of noise late in the season. Booing our own team so frequently... we've got work to do.
    10) New Orleans Saints - The huge resurgence after Katrina really impressed me. In such an economically ~messed up~ area just after a disaster, to come out like that really says something.
    Are you kidding me with KC? I lived in KC(or near it) the last 4 years. 2 Years ago, just one year removed from playoffs their fans were pissing and moaning like no other. You could go to the games and grab tickets that were stapled to light poles outside.

Easy to root for a team that was one of the winningest the past 20 years, yet things go south the past few seasons and they have a hard time filling a toilet bowl...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234