Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The 10 Most Passionate Fan Bases in the NFL

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Coming into this year I would have been suprised not to see the Vikings Fans on this list......

Now,,,....Not so much.......Been a eye opener for me to say the least.....:'( :'(
    Really?

IMO the fan base has been through quite a bit and I don't doubt a bit they are down on the list. I don't know of any franchise that has been through more ownership changes and such as the Vikings have. That lack of continuity and the lack of success that has followed along with it have had a big impact on the fan base.
    And that my friend, is the eye opening part.
    I really believed we had one of those rabid fan bases that would stick with the team regardless......

Much to my suprise that is not the case.

Some say it is because they are tired of losing......That one leaves me scratching my head.
    Must be just the 98'rs that are thinking that way cause we have been through a hell of alot worser than a 3 year stint were the coach didn't get us to the SB instantly....

And the Boo'ing. I never thought I would see the day that our team was boo'd on the field, especially when it had the lead in a game.... :

I firmly believe, a hell of alot more people hate the Vikings , than those of us who love them with all our hearts.....
    One thing I could never understand is the fact that most of the sports writers in MN itself, seem to down talk the Vikings on a steady basis.
    I'll never guess why just so many people it seems, just out right don't like the Vikings....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Coming into this year I would have been suprised not to see the Vikings Fans on this list......

Now,,,....Not so much.......Been a eye opener for me to say the least.....:'( :'(
    Really?

IMO the fan base has been through quite a bit and I don't doubt a bit they are down on the list. I don't know of any franchise that has been through more ownership changes and such as the Vikings have. That lack of continuity and the lack of success that has followed along with it have had a big impact on the fan base.
    And that My Sexy Little Pixie, is the eye opening part.
    I really believed we had one of those rabid fan bases that would stick with the team regardless......

Some say it is because they are tired of losing......That one leaves me scratching my head.
    Must be just the 98'rs that are thinking that way cause we have been through a hell of alot worser than a 3 year stint were the coach didn't get us to the SB instantly....

And the Boo'ing. I never thought I would see the day that our team was boo'd on the field, especially when it had the lead in a game.... :

I firmly believe, a hell of alot more people hate the Vikings , than those of us who love them with all our hearts.....
    One thing I could never understand is the fact that most of the sports writers in MN itself, seem to down talk the Vikings on a steady basis.

I'll never guess why just so many people it seems, just out right don't like the Vikings....
    Anyone who has been in the service knows how closely most of us are associated with the Sports Teams from our states.
    Kindof a tie that binds as a initial speaking point....

Hey, nice to meet ya, were ya from....

MN.

You a Vikes fan......

Yes, lovem, can't get enough of em......

So on an so forth.
    Call me naive, however, after meeting so many Vikings fans across the globe in places like Hurghada Egypt, Antalya Turkey, Sports bars in MO, TN, CA, FL, CT, NC etc and any number of communication shacks on the ships I've servered on, that I would ever see one of those fans actually boo the team.

Course as I've ranted on this very disturbing trend this year I seem to get the standard answer of "We were booing the coach not the team" crap.

Again, a eye opener to say the least.
    Then you gotta take a look at the issue related to not being able to sell out a fricken Playoff game.
    Damn.....Makes a grown man just want to shed a tear in shame.... :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Really?

I've gotten mad at the Vikings, Cried, and very frustrated, but I honestly can say, I don't recall ever boooooing them or any of the staff or coaches, even once.....I take that back, maybe I booooooed old Red a few times....LOL

Anyone who has been in the service knows how closely most of us are associated with the Sports Teams from our states.
    Kindof a tie that binds as a initial speaking point....

Hey, nice to meet ya, were ya from....

MN.

You a Vikes fan......

Yes, lovem, can't get enough of em......

So on an so forth.
    Call me naive, however, after meeting so many Vikings fans across the globe in places like Hurghada Egypt, Antalya Turkey, Sports bars in MO, TN, CA, FL, CT, NC etc and any number of communication shacks on the ships I've servered on, that I would ever see one of those fans actually boo the team.

Course as I've ranted on this very disturbing trend this year I seem to get the standard answer of "We were booing the coach not the team" crap.

Again, a eye opener to say the least.
    Then you gotta take a look at the issue related to not being able to sell out a fricken Playoff game.

Damn.....Makes a grown man just want to shed a tear in shame.... :'(

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Really?

And that my friend, is the eye opening part.

Probably, but when people hear a coach make statements like"It's a KAO when executed properly" people here aren't going to give that a pass when he doesn't get the job done. They don't respond well to a guy who can came across as a smug dickhead and when I am out and about that is the impression people have of Childress. People are just letting him know they are listening to him.

And I don't think it is 98ers. I believe it is people who have been fans for a long period of time and have heard all of the prognostications of what the team is going to do and just want to see it happen. There is more than just 98. There is 87, the 4 sb's, 2000, the Walker trade etc.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Really?

Probably, but when people hear a coach make statements like"It's a KAO when executed properly" people here aren't going to give that a pass when he doesn't get the job done. They don't respond well to a guy who can came across as a smug dickhead and when I am out and about that is the impression people have of Childress. People are just letting him know they are listening to him.

And I don't think it is 98ers. I believe it is people who have been fans for a long period of time and have heard all of the prognostications of what the team is going to do and just want to see it happen. There is more than just 98. There is 87, the 4 sb's, 2000, the Walker trade etc.
    The Fricken team was leading during one instance......The team keeps getting better.....We went fricken 10-6.....We won the fricken division......

Who the hell is asking for a pass.
    My guess is alot of them just want to see deep passes on every other play and will be happy to go 9-7 forever instead of getting a grip on what is really happening with this team.

As to the 87, 4 SB, 2000, Walker trade....Never once heard a boo when those teams eventually failed nor did I hear them when the teams before or after them failed.

Seriously, I really thought we had a more knowledgable fan base.....Again a very sad, but big eye opener for me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone who does not think the Packers have the best fan base has never been to Green Bay. These guys eat, shit, and sleep green and gold. Every city I go to I see Packer crap. It makes me sick.

"marstc09" wrote:
    Anyone who does not think the Packers have the best fan base has never been to Green Bay. These guys eat, pooh, and sleep green and gold. Every city I go to I see Packer crap. It makes me sick.
    And they very seldom have anything bad to say about the team.
    Most loyal fans I've ever seen.
    Yankee fans are a close second (at least the majority of them).

By the way, hardest part of this season is the shit I have taken from a few PUKER fans (Bastages.....Farcking Ice Holes) about the boo'ing......They knew it ate me up...... :'(

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    Anyone who does not think the Packers have the best fan base has never been to Green Bay. These guys eat, pooh, and sleep green and gold. Every city I go to I see Packer crap. It makes me sick.
    i would say pittsburgh steelers are the best anywhere.. then the yankee's... pitt fans are annoying and EVERYWHERE!!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    i would say pittsburgh steelers are the best anywhere.. then the yankee's... pitt fans are annoying and EVERYWHERE!!!
    I rarely see Pitt fans in my many travels. I always see Packer fans. I am being dead serious too.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I rarely see Pitt fans in my many travels. I always see Packer fans. I am being dead serious too.
    I'm telling steeler fans... that's why if philly won, they would have had the most expensive sb tickets in history bc of all the fans there...

Remember that year we played the steelers at home toward the end of the season and they bought up all the tix and so it sounded like a home game for them?.. they do this all the time!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast