Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: 08 Picks to Flop

"Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=44104.msg760067#msg760067 date=1208367688]
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=44104.msg760020#msg760020 date=1208364468]
    Well I'm not going to say huge bust or anything, but one player I don't think is going to live up to what the fan base wants out of him......

Bernard Berrian

By the time the season starts I think a lot of people are going to be expecting huge things out of him, I think he'll do ok, but I'm not getting worked up over any pro-bowls.
    I don't think the staff is expecting him to be the answer. I am not either. He is a huge upgrade over Williamson and that is all that matters.
    Maybe your not, but there is plenty of people ready to vote him to the pro-bowl.
    He'll hopefully help us out, but like I said by the time the season starts I think a whole lot of fans will have BB up on a pedestal and won't think twice of kicking him right back off it and calling him a bust for being average.
    im not thinking he gonna be a pro bowler, niether are most people here, most people here believe he is gonna come in and help out our lack lust passing game and open up the box for AD and chester. We are expect SOLID numbers not crappy or amazing numbers. If Tjack pans out this year you could see him getting close to a grand.
    Who said anything about fans here?
    I'm talking about the general population.
    New WR a lot of causal fans don't really know gets a huge contract and they just automatically think awesome.
    Go out and talk to most the casual Vikings fans, they're expecting big things out of BB.
    I have talked to some casual vikings fans, and they dont expect pro bowl numbers, those are ignorant fans that expect the world from him.
    [/quote]

Alright I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    But those "ignorant" fans are going to be large in numbers, and if BB has a slow start we'll see if the "ignorant" fans and talking heads are going to be okay with average.

[/quote]

what i expect from BB is not the stats, but for him to open up our other weapons on offense, which would decline his numbers( and people will complain) but im ok with that. He will take the safety outta the box so AD and Chester can run better, and Sidney Rice and Bobby Wade will always have one on one matchups.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=44104.msg760073#msg760073 date=1208367960]
    Well I'm not going to say huge bust or anything, but one player I don't think is going to live up to what the fan base wants out of him......

Bernard Berrian

By the time the season starts I think a lot of people are going to be expecting huge things out of him, I think he'll do ok, but I'm not getting worked up over any pro-bowls.
    I don't think the staff is expecting him to be the answer. I am not either. He is a huge upgrade over Williamson and that is all that matters.
    Maybe your not, but there is plenty of people ready to vote him to the pro-bowl.
    He'll hopefully help us out, but like I said by the time the season starts I think a whole lot of fans will have BB up on a pedestal and won't think twice of kicking him right back off it and calling him a bust for being average.
    im not thinking he gonna be a pro bowler, niether are most people here, most people here believe he is gonna come in and help out our lack lust passing game and open up the box for AD and chester. We are expect SOLID numbers not crappy or amazing numbers. If Tjack pans out this year you could see him getting close to a grand.
    New WR a lot of causal fans don't really know gets a huge contract and they just automatically think awesome.
    Go out and talk to most the casual Vikings fans, they're expecting big things out of BB.
    I have talked to some casual vikings fans, and they dont expect pro bowl numbers, those are ignorant fans that expect the world from him.
    [/quote]

But those "ignorant" fans are going to be large in numbers, and if BB has a slow start we'll see if the "ignorant" fans and talking heads are going to be okay with average.

[/quote]

what i expect from BB is not the stats, but for him to open up our other weapons on offense, which would decline his numbers( and people will complain) but im ok with that. He will take the safety outta the box so AD and Chester can run better, and Sidney Rice and Bobby Wade will always have one on one matchups.
    [/quote]

By all means I agree.
    I'm just talking about the people who think Randy Moss or T.O. when someone signs a #1 receiver.
    I like BB for widening the field, but like I said we'll see if everybody else is fine with it.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Bernard Berrian

Who the fuck cares about casual fans? We are die hards here!
    :P

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm hoping for 50+ receptions for about 700+ yds and ~10 TDs.
    I don't think that's too far fetched.
    With Rice and Wade doing work as well, that is all we need.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=44104.msg760081#msg760081 date=1208368320]
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=44104.msg760073#msg760073 date=1208367960]

Bernard Berrian

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

By all means I agree.
    I'm just talking about the people who think Randy Moss or T.O. when someone signs a #1 receiver.
    I like BB for widening the field, but like I said we'll see if everybody else is fine with it.
    [/quote]

I don't look at Berrian as a #1. I look at him as our deep threat. Rice is our red zone guy. Wade is our slot guy who does the dirty work in the middle. Sounds like a great combo to me.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    I don't look at Berrian as a #1. I look at him as our deep threat. Rice is our red zone guy. Wade is our slot guy who does the dirty work in the middle. Sounds like a great combo to me.
    I keep saying (and providing the links to go with it) there are no true #1, #2, #3 kindof guys in a WCO for quite some time now.
    Just guys that fill a function/role.

Finally another that agrees with me.
    Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm hoping for 50+ receptions for about 700+ yds and ~10 TDs.
    I don't think that's too far fetched.
    With Rice and Wade doing work as well, that is all we need.
    + the RBs, TEs, and other WRs wouldn't look so bad next to AP and CT both getting over 1000 on the ground!
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I keep saying (and providing the links to go with it) there are no true #1, #2, #3 kindof guys in a WCO for quite some time now.

ive always said that Marr, way to never read my posts
    ;D lol

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

ive always said that Marr, way to never read my posts

;D lol
    My bust.
    Thats what I get for not referring to the spreadsheet.
    I'm tracking you there now.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I still find it funny how earlier people were moaning about how terrible our WR corps was, but we sign ONE (1) decent player, lose one bad player and we're now automatically in good shape.
    My how some of us are fickle

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast