Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

08 Picks to Flop

Its simple, just state one or more of the players you think are going to be a bust for any team. It could be a Resigning, a FA signing or just a player who is expected to breakout.

Which NFL players do you think will be a flop and a dissapointment to their teams this year?

I will start it out with one player....

Michael Turner for the Atlantic Falcons. I think Norwood will turn out better then Turner. Turner is no better then average from when I have seen him play. Its easy to have a 5 yard carry when your running behind the best back in the league.
    Memo had a 5 yard per carry average as well...

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: 08 Picks to Flop

Maybe, but I bet a lot of people thought the same thing about Chester Taylor.
    Food for thought...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Well I'm not going to say huge bust or anything, but one player I don't think is going to live up to what the fan base wants out of him......

Bernard Berrian

By the time the season starts I think a lot of people are going to be expecting huge things out of him, I think he'll do ok, but I'm not getting worked up over any pro-bowls.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Schutz" wrote:
    Well I'm not going to say huge bust or anything, but one player I don't think is going to live up to what the fan base wants out of him......

Bernard Berrian

By the time the season starts I think a lot of people are going to be expecting huge things out of him, I think he'll do ok, but I'm not getting worked up over any pro-bowls.
    I agree.
    I don't think Berrian will be a saviour or anthing.
    I'm still happy we picked him up even though we overpaid.
    I think he will open up options for TJack and probably elevate Wade and Rice's numbers.
    I would be surprised of he breaks 700 yards...albeit very possible.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Calvin Pace, got paid a boat load of money when he has done nothing at all

TROY WILLIAMSON.....HA

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"Schutz" wrote:

Bernard Berrian

I agree. Fans are expecting wayyy to much from him.

What I want out of him? Just enough productivity to keep teams from stacking 8-9 guys in the box and open up some running lanes for AD and CT.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Bernard Berrian

I agree.
    I think he will open up options for TJack and probably elevate Wade and Rice's numbers.
    Very true. I would be really happy though if he could pull off a couple 100+ yard games. How long has it been since we had a WR do that for us?

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Bernard Berrian

I agree.
    700 yards is not that hard, its only 45 yards a game, i think he will average more than that a game. Bobby Wade basically did that, so i believe BB can do more than that

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"davike" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Bernard Berrian

I agree. Fans are expecting wayyy to much from him.

What I want out of him? Just enough productivity to keep teams from stacking 8-9 guys in the box and open up some running lanes for AD and CT.
    The important thing is we just need to prove we can get a long ball to him, do that in any game and suddenly AP has a lot more room to turn a corner.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:

Bernard Berrian

ANYTHING is better than the non-production that the Vikes got out of Troy Williamson.
    That being said, Berrian will do just fine...just as long as no one expects him to be Randy Moss.
    IF Berrian only produces at his career levels, I will be satisfied...because Rice will more than pick up the slack.
    Just THAT improvement in the passing game, will open things up for the rushing game...and elevate the offense to at or near top-10 territory.
    The offensive improvement will also keep the defense fresher...giving them a chance to also elevate their game to top-10 territory.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast