Prophet Guest

'07 Canton Class

Who should Canton call?
    Weak '07 class could open door for recent also-rans
    Posted: Wednesday June 28, 2006 11:23AM; Updated: Wednesday June 28, 2006 12:48PM
    By Dr. Z

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: '07 Canton Class

"Prophet" wrote:
    Who should Canton call?
    Weak '07 class could open door for recent also-rans
    Posted: Wednesday June 28, 2006 11:23AM; Updated: Wednesday June 28, 2006 12:48PM
    By Dr. Z
    And still no love for Mick. JOE KLECKO over Mick Tinglehoff?? Who the EFF is Dr. Z kidding?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

And no Marshall, either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the "Z" is for "ztupid."

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Not that the class of '07 is composed of stiffs. They're good players, but going down the list, the strongest candidates I can find -- Matthews, QB Randall Cunningham, guards Randall McDaniel and Steve Wisniewski, safety LeRoy Butler, tackle Erik Williams -- are not, to my mind, Hall of Famers, at least compared with the people who have lost out in recent years.

Terrell Davis will generate much debate, and it will get emotional. The Denver rep in the room will talk about the way Davis came onto the scene from nowhere and led the Broncos to two Super Bowl victories. But the matter of longevity -- sadly, only four productive seasons out of an injury-shortened seven-year career -- will ding him.

So for two hours or so we will rehash the same names that have been floating around for the last two or three years and have gotten bumped in the final round. You know who they are -- L.C. Greenwood, Claude Humphrey, Russ Grimm, Art Monk, my man Kuechenberg, Derrick Thomas, Michael Irvin, Thurman Thomas, Gary Zimmerman. A lot of strong names there; I'm not sure that Matthews will even make it to the final round of 15 and get his name entered in the debate.

What the f*ck is this guy spewing Randall McDaniel not a HOF candidate, is he out of his fricking mind! Gary Zimmerman was a great lineman but he was not the O-lineman that McDaniel was, not even close!

Randall McDaniel

Played 15 years
    Started 220 games out of the 222 he played in!
    12 time Probowl player and was the best guard in football for 10 years at least!

Do not get me wrong I think Zimmerman deserves HOF consideration, but he is not a shoe-in and Randall McDaniel should be a 1st ballot inductee!

Gary Zimmerman

Played 12 years (Randall had that many Probowls)
    7 year Probowl player

The only guy on that list I think deserves to be in the HOF more than McDaniel is Derrick Thomas!

Michael Irvin should be in prison not being considered for the HOF.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Dr. Z is a PUTZ!!! AND an IDIOT!!!

That no-deck bastard couldn't pick a HOF'er if it was a booger in his own nose!!!

HOF'ers should be McDaniel, BOTH Thomases, and Art Monk. The Seniors Committee should pick Mick Tinglehoff and Jim Marshall. Heck, Dipsh*t Z didn't even MENTION them in his LAME A$$ article!!!

I know my picks are top-heavy with Vikings but it's MY post and I can say what I WANT!!! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

BTW, when is Cris Carter eligible? Is it NEXT YEAR???

If so, then he is a shoo-in...and I have a date with Ultra to be there for his enshrinement in Canton!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Cris Carter is a shoo-in when his time comes. I remember when he came to the Vikes! We had TWO Carter's! It was so cool! A.C. took Cris under his wing and taught him how to use those magic hands, and the rest is history! :lol:

I liked Cunningham since he was with the Eagles, and more when he came to play with the Vikes, also Randall McDaniel was very good. Don't see what their problem is with them. Hard choices here, hope they make the best one.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]